You never compromise on your baby’s safety. So, we don’t either!
As a result of the growing interest in functional sleep products, such as Baby Hammocks, we have seen an increasing number of brands selling low-cost off-the-shelf products that sadly compromise safety.
The harsh reality is that safe, quality products are costly to produce. This is why quality, safety, and low price do not go hand-in-hand.
Always ask the following questions when considering buying sleep products for your baby:
- Where are the products designed and developed?
- Does the product adhere to the European safety standards, such as EN-1130:2019?
- Are the products GOTS certified?
- How are prices being kept low – is there anything missing that could endanger safety?
If it’s not safe, we don’t sell it
From day one, Moonboon decided to invest in quality materials and safety. That is why we have Danish in-house engineers to develop and oversee the production. The products are safety tested by third-party safety consultants (among others Consumer Lab Denmark) throughout the product development phase. This ensures that the products follow and adhere to the strict European safety standards. You always know that your baby is in good hands when you choose Moonboon.
To make it easy for you, we have listed the most important safety features to look for in baby hammocks, stands, and motors.
Developed and designed in Denmark by experienced engineers and sleep experts. Tested by third-party safety consultants.
Moonboon is the only company in the trade that is fully GOTS certified, which is the highest standard in organic and sustainable textile production.
Protective plastic parts are applied to all moving metal parts as an extra precaution on Moonboon products. Moonboon also only uses top-grade stainless steel that cannot shed splinters.
For safety reasons, Moonboon does not put batteries in the motors, as batteries have, in rare cases, been known to fail and cause fire. Therefore, at Moonboon don't think batteries belong above your baby.
The Moonboon Stand is certified to the European safety standard EN-1130:2019, the highest standard there is, meaning it will not tip over.
Specially engineered spring with a safety strap to prevent harmful accidents in the case of spring malfunction.
THE SAFEST CHOICE
- Do not buy suspension hooks or metal chains in DIY stores. There have unfortunately been cases where babies have gotten metal splinters in their eyes, but never from a Moonboon product.
- Should you decide to buy parts from third-party supplier, beware of the material/metal grade used, and never use coated products of any sort.