Caring about the planet is ingrained in our identity at Moonboon. More so, it’s a personal matter for every single one of us at Moonboon and impacts our day-to-day activities.
With today’s environmental challenges and the contribution of the textile industry to those challenges, we must collectively rethink production and consumption of textiles. Our goal is to minimize our ecological footprint and actively contribute to creating a better future. To achieve this, we have introduced the triangle of fair production, which encompasses fair production practices, modern processes, and the use of natural, high-quality materials in our products, wherever possible.
In our efforts to care for the environment we have achieved being certified as a GOTS company, which we are very proud of. A GOTS certification means we have committed to using organic materials, wherever possible, that are produced under safe and responsible working conditions from start to finish of our production cycle.
The triangle of fair production practices, modern processes and natural, high-quality materials
- Employment is freely chosen
- We do not tolerate child labour
- We do not tolerate discrimination
- We do not tolerate harassment and violence
- We do not provide precarious employment
- We respect the freedom of association and collective bargaining
- We remunerate fairly and assess the living wage gap
- We do not tolerate forced labor and all employment must be freely chosen
- We guarantee occupational health and safety (OHS)
- We ensure that all employees are treated equally and do not tolerate discrimination against migrant workers
- We value a healthy work-life balance and therefore ensure fair working hours
- Use of GOTS approved colourants and auxiliaries in wet-processing only
- Processing units must demonstrate environment management, including wastewater treatment
- Technical quality parameters for colour fastness and shrinkage for finished goods required
- Restrictions on accessories
- Restrictions on additional fibre materials
- Environmentally hazardous substances prohibited in chemical inputs
- Evaluation of toxicity and biodegradability for chemical inputs
Natural high-quality materials
Faced with today's challenges, the textile industry needs to act in order to reduce its harmful impact on the planet. Natural high-quality materials, such as organic fibres, play multifaceted roles in creating an industry that is actively working on lowering its environmental impact wherever possible, and priorities human health over short term profit. Therefore we find it of utmost importance that our products use materials that are durable, organic and high quality.
Organic fibres are natural fibres grown without the use of synthetic pesticides (such as insecticides), or herbicides and GMOs (Genetic Modified Organisms) according to the principles of organic agriculture.
Organic agriculture is a production process that sustains the health of ecosystems, soils, and people.